Uddeholm DievarA COMBINATION OF TOUGHNESS AND STRENGTH
Uddeholm Dievar is a premium steel developed for the demanding application of high pressure casting. It is the industry benchmark for a high performance steel for the longest tool life and lowest crack risks due to its superior toughness and ductility. Apart from die casting it has proven itself as a great tool steel for other applications such as forging, extrusion and hot stamping.
- The steel has a very good resistance to heat checking, gross cracking.
- Excellent toughness and ductility in all directions
- Good temper resistance
- Good high-temperature strength
- Excellent hardenability
- Good dimensional stability throughout heat treatment and coating operations.
- Die casting
- Hot Forging
- Household waste recycling
- Hot wear resistance 45%
- Plastic deformation resistance 80%
- Heat checking resistance 75%
- Premature cracking resistance 85%
Reference Grade Hot Work (H13)
- Hot wear resistance 40%
- Plastic deformation resistance 40%
- Heat checking resistance 40%
- Premature cracking resistance 35%