Uddeholm HotvarVERY GOOD PERFORMANCE IN TOOLING UP TO 650°C
Uddeholm Hotvar is a molybdenum-vanadium alloyed hot work tool steel.
- Uddeholm Hotvat has very good performance in tooling up to 650°C.
- High hot wear resistance
- Very good temper resistance
- High resistance to thermal fatigue ( heat checking )
- Very good thermal conductivity
- Suitable in applications where hot wear and plastic deformation are the dominating failure mechanisms, eg forging applications. Can be heat treated to 58HRC.
- Hot wear resistance 70%
- Plastic deformation resistance 65%
- Heat checking resistance 95%
- Premature cracking resistance 15%
Reference Grade Hot Work (H13)
- Hot wear resistance 40%
- Plastic deformation resistance 40%
- Heat checking resistance 40%
- Premature cracking resistance 35%