Uddeholm Stavax ESRVERY GOOD POLISHABILITY
Uddeholm Stavax ESR is a through hardening corrosion resistant mould steel, with very good polishability.
- Low mould maintenance because of corrosion resistance:
- Surfaces retain their original finish
- Less production during storing and operation in humid condition
- Lower production costs:
- Since water-cooling channels are unaffected by corrosion
- Heat transfer characteristics, and therefore cooling efficiency, are constant throughout the mould life, ensuring consistent cycle times.
- Long life mould
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good polishability
- Good wear resistance
- Good machinability
- Good stability in hardening
- Corrosion/staining resistance, i.e. for moulding of corrosive materials, e.g. PVC,
- Wear resistance, i.e. for moulding abrasive/filled materials, including injection-moulded thermosetting grades. STAVAX ESR is recommended for moulds with long production runs, e.g. disposable cutlery and containers.
- High surface finish, i.e. for the production of optical parts, such as camera and sunglasses lenses, and for medical containers, e.g. syringes, analysis phials.
- Food processing knives
- Food processing shafts
- Meat processing knives
- Food processing rolls
- Food processing crushers
- Car battery recycling
Uddeholm Stavax ESR
- Corrosion resistance 80%
- Wear resistance 70%
- Polishability 90%
- Toughness 50%